Business Resources & Services
Haliburton County Development Corporation (HCDC)
The Haliburton County Development Corporation (HCDC) has been supporting community economic development, community planning, job creation and business development in Haliburton County since 1986.
Managed by a volunteer board of 15 directors and 5 staff, the HCDC is one of 61 Community Futures Development Corporations in rural Ontario.
The HCDC operates as an independent, not-for-profit organization working in partnership with FedDev Ontario, an economic development agency of the federal government.
The HCDC provides support to businesses, individuals, community groups and local municipalities through the following services:
- Counselling and mentoring for businesses
- Business loans
- Special funding programs for business planning, skills development and hiring youth interns
- Counselling for community groups and not-for-profit organizations
- Funding for community economic development initiatives
- Support for community planning
The HCDC works collaboratively with other agencies and community stakeholders to identify opportunities for development and to foster an entrepreneurial spirit within the County.
They provide support for short term projects as well as long term community initiatives.
Online Business Planner
You don’t need to be a TD customer to access this great tool for start-ups. A business plan is essential for success and this resource will walk you through each step. Click here for the Small Business Resource Centre.
- Economic Developers Association of Canada
- Economic Developers Council of Ontario
- International Downtown Association
- International Economic Development Council
- Haliburton County Development Corporation
General Business & Reference
- Area Development
- Business Development Bank of Canada
- Employment Ontario
- Haliburton County Home Builders Association
- National Library of Canada
- Statistics Canada
- Starting a business in Ontario
- Eastern Ontario Development Fund
- Government of Ontario
- Ontario Business and Economy Information
- Ontario Sectors and Investment Information
- Ontario Ministry of Economic Development, Trade and Employment
- Ontario Ministry of Research and Innovation
- Economic Development Programs, Tools and Resources
- Workplace Safety and Insurance Board
- Agricultural Economic Impact Study (City of Kawartha Lakes)
- Communities in Transition
- Grants in Ontario
Business Info Line
- The Business info line is a collaboration between Industry Canada and Service Ontario.
Contact: 1-888-745-8888 (or) TTY at: 1-800-268-7095